• To attend a District 25 school on a tuition-­free basis, a student must reside within the boundaries of the district. To view the district attendance boundaries, please click here. To be considered a legal District 25 resident, a child must reside within the school district with:


    ● a natural or adoptive parents listed on the birth certificate;

    ● a court­-ordered guardian;

    ● an adult that receives public aid on behalf of the child; or

    ● an adult who has assumed and exercises responsibility for the child and provides him/her with a fixed, night­time residence. The child must eat and sleep at this residence on a regular basis, and not for the sole purpose of having access to District 25’s educational programs.


    Property owners within District 25 boundaries who do not live at the property are not considered legal residents and their children do not qualify to attend school on a tuition­-free basis.



    Proof of residency is part of the registration process for new and returning students. Proof of residency includes providing documentation to show you live within the district boundaries. Copies of current documents that show your name and address must be provided:

  • Category A: Provide ONE of the following*:                  AND

    ● real estate tax bill

    ● signed lease**

    ● mortgage document or payment book

    ● residency attestation

    ● military housing letter,

    ● Section 8 letter

  • Category B: Provide TWO of the following:

    ● gas bill

    ● electric bill

    ● water/sewer bill

    ● phone bill

    ● cable bill

    ● vehicle registration

    ● bank statement,

    ● credit card statement

    ● pay check stub

    ● city sticker receipt

    ● driver’s license/state ID

    ● other bill or business notification

  • *You must provide one (1) Category A and two (2) Category B documents. If a Category A document is unavailable, four (4) Category B documents will be accepted.

    **Residency attestations are used when a lease is not available. Copies may also be obtained in­person at the Department of Student Services, 1200 S. Dunton, Arlington Heights, IL 60004. The district may require a home visit and/or additional documentation to verify residency.


    Attestation Form­ English

    Attestation Form­ Spanish



    A student whose family moves out of the district during the school year is permitted to attend school tuition­free for the remainder of the school year. If a student moves within the attendance boundaries of a different District 25 school year, the student may complete the year at the original school of attendance. Parents are required to provide the new address and phone number to the school of attendance. Parents are responsible for providing transportation to and from school for the remainder of the school year. If the change of residence is due to a military obligation of the person with legal custody of the child, the child may maintain his/her residence for the purpose of registration and enrollment as determined prior to the military obligation. This request must be submitted in writing.



    Parents/guardians who wish their child to attendance a District 25 school outside of their attendance boundary may submit a written request for permissive transfer by May 1 (for the following school year). Decisions for transfers are made on a case­by­case basis in consultation with the building administrators. Requests for transfer must be made each year and parents are responsible for transportation to and from school. Decisions regarding transfer are generally made in August, prior to the start of the school year. Requests for transfer should be directed to the Assistant Superintendent for Student Services.



    Non-­resident students may attend District schools upon the approval of a request submitted by the student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) for non-­resident admission. Students will only be accepted if there is room and acceptance is made on a year-­to-­year basis. Parents will be charged the maximum amount of tuition allowable under state law. Parents are responsible for transportation to and from school if admission is granted. Requests for non-­resident admission should be made to the Assistant Superintendent for Student Services.



    Questions regarding residency requirements or student registration should be directed to Diane Carpenter in the Department of Student Services, at (847) 758-4875.