TOTAL BAGS DISTRIBUTED: TOTAL MEALS DISTRIBUTED:
32,966 bags 461,524 meals
*THESE NUMBERS ARE THE AMOUNT OF FREE MEALS OUR DISTRICT DISTRIBUTED BEGINNING MARCH 2020 IN RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 STAY AT HOME ORDER.*
REMOTE LEARNING DISTRIBUTION
The District 25 Food Services team has been working diligently to ensure our students and families are supported during this unexpected time. Every Wednesday during remote learning our team plans to bag breakfast and lunch for the week and distribute. This is available for ALL ARLINGTON HEIGHTS FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN 18 AND UNDER.
NEW DISTRIBUTION DETAILS | Beginning September 9
Wednesday, August 26th was the final day of open food distribution for the summer. However, beginning Wednesday, September 9th food distribution will continue for all Arlington Heights residents with children 18 and under! Details are below (*notes a change has been made):
- Day: Every Wednesday
- Times: *9:30 am – 10:30 am* & 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Where: Thomas Middle School ONLY
- Who: All Arlington Heights families with students age 18 and under
- Important Notes: *Neighbors or friends are allowed to come pick up meal bags for you from Thomas Middle School.*
PICKUP MAP & DETAILS
- Follow the traffic map below and attached here.
*You will not be allowed to enter the Thomas parking lot heading South on Belmont.*
- Pull into the parking lot as if you are doing drop-off/pick-up for your child.
- Remain in the car with your windows closed. A food service team member will come to you.
- Indicate with your hands how many students (age 18 and below) you are picking up for.
- Pop your trunk. Please have a large box, bin, or a designated space in your trunk for the meals to be loaded into.
- The District 25 team member will place the meals in your trunk and you can then drive home.
OUR TEAM CARES!
*PLEASE NOTE THIS VIDEO WAS TAKEN AND POSTED ON MARCH 16, 2020. THE MASK MANDATE IN ILLINOIS WAS NOT IN PLACE.*