Safety is our #1 focus
Student Arrival & Dismissal Procedures for Ivy Hill
The traffic expectations listed below help to keep our children safe and expedite the process of getting our children to and from school.
Please be attentive and follow the guidance of our staff members! You will see them directing traffic, helping children exit cars, and ensuring the safety of our students.
Per Illinois State Law, CELL PHONE USE IS PROHIBITED in school zones.
If we see a problem, we will track license plates and ask for the support of the Arlington Heights Police Department.
Rules for Morning Arrival/Drop-Off
- Pull into the parking lot entrance: right lane- for student drop-off only; left lane- for parking lot only. Students should gather backpacks at this time
- Keep the street/parking lot intersections clear. Keep the sidewalk and crosswalks clear.
- Students may only exit cars once they enter the “Drop-off” Zone designated by orange cones in our parking lot.
- Once you enter the “Drop-off” Zone, you MUST stay in line. Proceed forward after all students in the drop-off area have exited their cars. Do not pass other cars in line. If you need to help your child, you must park in a designated space in the parking lot.
- Students must exit from the passenger side only. Adults must remain in vehicles.
- Right turn only out of the parking lot from 8:30 AM-9:30 AM.
- Students riding the bus will be dropped off in the rear of the school and enter the school.
Rules for Afternoon Pick-Up
- All students (except for those who ride the bus) exit from the front of the school.
- When arriving for pick up in your car, please yield at the 3-way stop and keep the street/parking lot intersections clear. Also, keep the sidewalk and crosswalks clear.
- Pull into the parking lot using the Burke/Ivy Entrance closet to the school: right lane- for student pick-up only; left lane- for parking lot entrance
- There is additional parking on the other side of the drive-thru fire lane, past the fence line. It is the far right lane along the curb. Cars cannot be in the fire lane, yellow striped area, or park on the end caps. (See map.)
- Cars in the right lane waiting to pick up children should pull up as far as the main entrance crosswalk. Please do not wait on or past the crosswalk.
- Students must enter from the passenger side only. Adults must remain in vehicles.
- Students should only use the main crosswalks, if they are meeting parents in the parking lot. They should also wait for an adult to tell them when it is okay to cross.
- Please continue forward in the pick-up lane if the car in front of you has picked up his/her child and is exiting. If your child does not exit from the building, please pull into the parking lot and come to the office.
- Once you’ve picked up your child, you may pull into the left lane and exit the parking lot if it is safe to do so. Drivers please look both ways.
- Right turn only out of the parking lot from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM.
- Students riding the bus will be picked up in the back entrance of the school. Other students may not be picked up from our back drive-thru entrance.
We have attached a diagram of the parking lot for your reference. We thank you in advance for your attention and support during the school arrival/drop-off time in order to help move traffic efficiently, and most importantly, to keep our children safe!