Drop-off & Pickup
Dryden Elementary School has distinct times and process for dropping off and picking up students to and from school respectively. This section of the website is designated to help facilitate a smooth drop off and pick up process so all stuents can safely get into the school and home. Please contact the office with any questions or concerns.
These procedures are in place and must be followed for the safety of our students, staff and community. Please share this information with caregivers or others who may be assisting you with pick-up and drop-off.
- Remain in your car if in the car line.
- Keep your car moving in the line if there is a space in front of you.
- Pick-up or drop-off children curbside in front of the school southbound along Dryden only.
- Please do NOT
- Have your child walk between cars
- Cross mid-street
- Make u-turns
Please abide by the traffic signs posted along Dryden Place:
AM - 9:05 a.m.-11:50 a.m.
PM - 12:50 p.m - 3:35 p.m.
Grades 1-5: 9:05 a.m.-3:35 p.m.
Lunch: 12:10 p.m.-1:10 p.m.
You are encouraged to call the school office immediately at 847-398-4280 if you witness a traffic violation. Note the car make, model and license plate if possible. We will notify the police right away.
Please contact Dryden Principal, Akemi Sessler, at 847-398-4280 or email@example.com if you require a special accommodation or if there is anything we can do to assist you in the safe drop-off and pick-up of your child.
Dryden staff are outside assisting with supervision during arrival and dismissal. We also welcome additional supervision by parent volunteers. Please sign up on this form if you are interested in assisting or learning more about how you can help.
With everyone’s patience, attention and cooperation, the carline only takes a few minutes during arrival and dismissal. Thank you for helping to keep our students safe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is it okay to have my car in front of the fire hydrant on Dryden? Yes, as long as you remain in your car and can move it should need be.
- Where should I tell my child to wait for me? By the flagpole in front of the school. There are safety patrols by the flagpole to assist your child. Your child may wait in the vestibule if he or she becomes too cold.
- Where is it safest for my child to cross the street? There is a crossing guard at the intersection of Dryden & Rockwell.
- Why can’t I drop off my child(ren) in the residents’ driveways? We want to be respectful of our neighbors’ property and access to their driveways. Additionally, State Law 625 ILCS 5/11-1303 states that there is NO PARKING within 30 feet of a STOP sign, within 20 feet of a crosswalk or intersection, or in front of a driveway.