Step 4 | In-Person or Remote
At the November 12th Board Meeting, the District 25 Board of Education passed a motion directing the Superintendent to begin the transition to the Step 4 | Full In-Person learning model with a Full Remote learning option when the metrics below are met and guidelines considered. The target date for this transition is Tuesday, January 19, 2021. Transitioning to the Step 4 | Full In-Person learning model will be made on that date if the metrics listed below are met:
- An ability to maintain necessary staffing coverage, including substitutes; and
- The District will to the greatest extent possible maintain 6 feet from point to point (i.e.center of chair to center of chair); and
- With the understanding that The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Illinois State Board of Education advises that students be seated 6 feet apart to the greatest extent possible; and
- With the understanding that The American Academy of Pediatrics advises that physical distance between desks should follow current public health guidance, but that in the absence of specific guidance, desks should be placed at least 3 feet apart; and
- <8% positivity rate in Region 10 (see below); or < 70 new cases per 100,000 in Arlington Heights Zip Code in a 7 day period (see below); and
- Flat or decreasing trend of COVID-19 positive cases in District 25 and/or
- Decreasing trends in all of the above metrics that point towards them achieving the above metrics; and
- As a part of this directive, the Superintendent should review metrics on a weekly basis.
Metrics Diagram by Adam Harris
On Saturday, January 16, the letter below was sent to the District 25 community announcing that the District met the agreed upon metrics to transition to the Step 4 | In-Person or Remote Learning model.
Saturday, January 16, 2021
Dear District 25 Families,
Today, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) updated the information on their website showing a 7.7% COVID-19 positivity rate for Region 10 on January 13th. Therefore, we are moving to our Step 4 | In-Person or Remote Learning model. We will transition to Step 4 on Thursday, January 21st. You can see the updated metrics at our transition metrics page (www.sd25.org/ TransitionMetrics) and by scrolling to the bottom of the page.
For our Step 4 guide visit www.sd25.org/Step4Guide.
On Tuesday, January 19th and Wednesday, January 20th students will attend school in the hybrid schedule. Beginning Thursday, January 21st, students will attend school in their Step 4 selection.
Lori Bein, Ed.D.