District 25 had a referendum question on the June 28, 2022 ballot asking Arlington Heights for permission to sell up to $75 million in bonds to support building additions for a full day kindergarten program beginning August 2024, as well as address capital project needs throughout District 25’s facilities for future generations of learners.
The referendum passed and the District remains committed to ensuring this project is responsibly completed in time and under budget.
The intention of this page is to update you, our community, on the progress of this referendum.
The District is proud to be 1 of only 91 Districts nation-wide with a Triple A bond rating.
- December 13, 2022 - Director of Facilities Management, Ryan Schulz, updated the Board of Education on the progress of the #Build25 initiative. For a PDF of the updated timeline and renderings, click here. For a more in depth look at the presentation, visit our Board of Education site: www.sd25.org/CatchUpOnMeetings.
- September 13, 2022 - Dr. Bein updated the Board of Education on the progress related to the Full Day Kindergarten programming expected to open in August 2024. This is something Dr. Bein and District 25 Administrators plan to do regularly. For a PDF of this presentation, click here.
The update covered the following topics:
- Bond Sale Update
- Classroom information - Confirmed number of classrooms needed is 25
- Architectural plans - Slight changes to Olive & Westgate
- Construction Status Update
- August 23, 2022 - The Board approved the issuance of not to exceed $62 million in bonds. The reason for the initial sale of $62 million is because some investors may want discount bonds. This will result in $60 million in bond proceeds. The District projects that the remainder of the $75 million in bonds approved through the referendum will be sold in 2025 when needed.