Free & Reduced Meal Applications
The District participates in the USDA funded National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. Per USDA requirements, all district families are notified annually of the availability to complete a Household Eligibility Application. Families may qualify for free or reduced-priced meals in the following ways:
- Students are directly certified (SNAP, TANF, income-eligible Medicaid, Foster) in coordination with the State of Illinois. Students who are directly certified will receive notification of their meal status directly from our office. If you receive a letter, there is NO NEED to complete an income-based application.
- Families can complete an income-based household eligibility application.
There are two ways to complete a Household Eligibility Application:
1) We recommend families to complete an application online at www.mymealtime.com. Parents will need their student's ID # to apply. If you need your student's ID # please contact the Food & Nutrition Services Department at 847-758-4883 or email email@example.com. Please see instructions on applying online.
2) If you are unable to complete the application online, you are able to download and print a paper application below and submit:
Bring the complete application to the Dunton Administration Building (1200 S. Dunton Avenue, Arlington Heights, IL 60005)
OR bring it to your school
OR email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION | 2022-2023
If you are unable to download and print an application, please contact the Food & Nutrition Services Department at 847-758-4883 to have one mailed to your home.
Only complete one application per family. The information you give will be used to determine or prove your child's eligibility for free or reduced-priced meals. This information may also be used for other state or federally funded school benefits.
Per USDA requirements, school officials are required to verify 3% of meal applications. Your eligibility may be checked by school officials at any time during the school year. School officials may ask you to submit verification of information submitted on your meal application.
You may talk to school officials if you do not agree with the school's decision on your application or the results of verification. You also may ask for a fair hearing. You may do this by calling or writing:
Dr. Lori Bein, Superintendent
1200 S. Dunton, Arlington Heights, IL 60005
You may apply for free or reduced-price meal services any time during the school year if you are not eligible now but have a change such as:
1. A decrease in household income,
2. An increase in household size,
3. Become unemployed or receive SNAP or TANF benefits for your child(ren)